Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Laptop Has Officially Gone Insane

     Click on the image above to see what I see when I access Twitter using Firefox.
     Last night, something happened on Twitter that I've never seen in my 20 years on the internet. I was sitting there reading my feed when suddenly all by itself the values of everything got bloated, then returned to normal, then back to bloated then back to normal then to microfiche size. What you see in the screengrab above is exactly what I see to this day when I'm on Twitter using Firefox. It seems the only browser I've found thus far that shows the page normally is the hated Microsoft Internet Explorer and even then, that browser, seemingly on its own, changed all the default settings so that I can't even use Twitter. When using IE, it's like being gagged and bound to a chair during a huge cocktail party. I can look but I can't interact. On Mozilla, I can interact as long as I can navigate the site in microfiche size.
     I've never seen anything like this in all my years on the internet. If I was hit with a virus, why does it affect only my laptop, only Twitter and only on Firefox? Thoughts, suggestions?
     This morning, I even undertook the extraordinary means of deleting Firefox from my HD then trying to reinstall it through IE, which was a nightmare all its own. As I'd just said, IE took it upon itself to fiddle-fuck with my security settings so that the browser was virtually useless and disabled virtually every site I'd access, including trying to download rival browsers. I had to hunt and peck through the Advanced tab of the Tools option and randomly undo every security default setting that had been changed since I last used it. And even then, Norton kept raising red flags and saying, "DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!" every time I tried downloading Firefox on Mozilla's safe website. I had to literally turn off all my firewalls and every antivirus protection I had just to download a fucking browser that, until today, used to be a piece of cake.
     Finally, I was able to redownload Firefox but, as I suspected, it didn't do a fucking bit of good. Twitter still looks like microfiche and it's unusable. Has anyone else ever seen or heard of this happening before? I can't believe I'm the only person using Firefox on Twitter and am able to believe even less that I'm the only one that somehow got hit with this Rod Serling/David Lynch insanity. Since only Twitter's affected, it's not as if I can change the default settings or fiddle with the default values, so what the fuck is going on? I seem to be the only one on Twitter to whom this has happened but I've never heard of a virus doing this. I've even done a Sophos virus sweep and it found absolutely nothing harmful.
     I'd really appreciate it if anyone can tell me how to make this problem go away. This is seriously pissing me off, largely because Twitter is the only social networking site I use.

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever get this sorted?

MDavis

 
At December 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Blogger jurassicpork said...

Nope. Twitter still looks like microfiche. Can't say my readers have been very helpful, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

KindleindaWind, my writing blog.

All Time Classics

  • Our Worse Half: The 25 Most Embarrassing States.
  • The Missing Security Tapes From the World Trade Center.
  • It's a Blunderful Life.
  • The Civil War II
  • Sweet Jesus, I Hate America
  • Top Ten Conservative Books
  • I Am Mr. Ed
  • Glenn Beck: Racist, Hate Monger, Comedian
  • The Ten Worst Music Videos of all Time
  • Assclowns of the Week

  • Links to the first 33 Assclowns of the Week.
  • Links to Assclowns of the Week 38-63.
  • #106: The Turkey Has Landed edition
  • #105: Blame it on Paris or Putin edition
  • #104: Make Racism Great Again Also Labor Day edition
  • #103: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Toilet edition
  • #102: Orange is the New Fat edition
  • #101: Electoral College Dropouts edition
  • #100: Centennial of Silliness edition
  • #99: Dr. Strangehate edition
  • #98: Get Bentghazi edition
  • #97: SNAPping Your Fingers at the Poor edition
  • #96: Treat or Treat, Kiss My Ass edition
  • #95: Monumental Stupidity double-sized edition
  • #94: House of 'Tards edition
  • #93: You Da Bomb! edition.
  • #92: Akin to a Fool edition.
  • #91: Aurora Moronealis edition.
  • #90: Keep Your Gubmint Hands Off My High Pre'mums and Deductibles! edition.
  • #89: Occupy the Catbird Seat/Thanksgiving edition.
  • #88: Heil Hitler edition.
  • #87: Let Sleeping Elephants Lie edition.
  • #86: the Maniacs edition.
  • #85: The Top 50 Assclowns of 2010 edition.
  • #(19)84: Midterm Madness edition.
  • #83: Spill, Baby, Spill! edition.
  • #82: Leave Corporations Alone, They’re People! edition.
  • #81: Hatin' on Haiti edition.
  • #80: Don't Get Your Panties in a Twist edition.
  • #79: Top 50 Assclowns of 2009 edition.
  • #78: Nattering Nabobs of Negativism edition.
  • #77: ...And Justice For Once edition.
  • #76: Reading Tea Leaves/Labor Day edition.
  • #75: Diamond Jubilee/Inaugural Edition
  • #74: Dropping the Crystal Ball Edition
  • #73: The Twelve Assclowns of Christmas Edition
  • #72: Trick or Treat Election Day Edition
  • #71: Grand Theft Autocrats Edition
  • #70: Soulless Corporations and the Politicians Who Love Them Edition
  • Empire Of The Senseless.
  • Christwire.org: Conservative Values for an Unsaved World.
  • Esquire's Charles Pierce.
  • Brilliant @ Breakfast.
  • The Burning Platform.
  • The Rant.
  • Mock, Paper, Scissors.
  • James Petras.
  • Towle Road.
  • Avedon's Sideshow (the new site).
  • At Largely, Larisa Alexandrovna's place.
  • The Daily Howler.
  • The DCist.
  • Greg Palast.
  • Jon Swift. RIP, Al.
  • God is For Suckers.
  • The Rude Pundit.
  • Driftglass.
  • Newshounds.
  • William Grigg, a great find.
  • Brad Blog.
  • Down With Tyranny!, Howie Klein's blog.
  • Wayne's World. Party time! Excellent!
  • Busted Knuckles, aka Ornery Bastard.
  • Mills River Progressive.
  • Right Wing Watch.
  • Earthbond Misfit.
  • Anosognosia.
  • Echidne of the Snakes.
  • They Gave Us a Republic.
  • The Gawker.
  • Outtake Online, Emmy-winner Charlotte Robinson's site.
  • Skippy, the Bush Kangaroo
  • No More Mr. Nice Blog.
  • Head On Radio Network, Bob Kincaid.
  • Spocko's Brain.
  • Pandagon.
  • Slackivist.
  • WTF Is It Now?
  • No Blood For Hubris.
  • Lydia Cornell, a very smart and accomplished lady.
  • Roger Ailes (the good one.)
  • BlondeSense.
  • The Smirking Chimp.
  • Hammer of the Blogs.
  • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.
  • Argville.
  • Existentialist Cowboy.
  • The Progressive.
  • The Nation.
  • Mother Jones.
  • Vanity Fair.
  • Salon.com.
  • Citizens For Legitimate Government.
  • News Finder.
  • Indy Media Center.
  • Lexis News.
  • Military Religious Freedom.
  • McClatchy Newspapers.
  • The New Yorker.
  • Bloggingheads TV, political vlogging.
  • Find Articles.com, the next-best thing to Nexis.
  • Altweeklies, for the news you won't get just anywhere.
  • The Smirking Chimp
  • Don Emmerich's Peace Blog
  • Wikileaks.
  • The Peoples' Voice.
  • Dictionary.com.
  • CIA World Fact Book.
  • IP address locator.
  • Tom Tomorrow's hilarious strip.
  • Babelfish, an instant, online translator. I love to translate Ann Coulter's site into German.
  • Newsmeat: Find out who's donating to whom.
  • Wikipedia.
  • Uncyclopedia.
  • anysoldier.com
  • Icasualties
  • Free Press
  • YouTube
  • The Bone Bridge.
  • Powered by Blogger