Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yep, Another Goddamned Meme


My pal and Yiddish researcher Lisa Golden at her new blog, That's Why got a meme from a friend that she was supposed to pass along to 12 people and somehow I wasn't among the dirty dozen.

Seriously, I tend to avoid these damned things like Republicans with the plague but once in a while it's a guilty pleasure to indulge in one as a palette cleanser. There's a lot of shit going around like Max Baucus pulling a Wolfowitz and nominating his own squeeze for a US Attorney's spot, the prospect of Obama doing essentially nothing in Copenhagen, the unemployment rate still holding at double digits. But I just don't feel like writing about any of it, especially since we're no closer to getting a new computer than we were when the hard drive magically turned into a piece of burned toast.

It's not on a par with the famous Proust Questionnaire but here are my answers.

1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Stale, overpriced coffee that I had to buy for the privilege of using this computer.

2. Where was your profile picture taken?
The Hudson Police Department (if the ex continues with her paranoid harassment, there may be more in the future).

3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
Does it matter if I stay on key? If so, no.

4. Name someone who made you laugh today?
The Rude Pundit. Read his posting from yesterday on Glenn Beck's Christmas sweater.

5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
After midnight. It was Friday night and I was busy reading William Rivers Pitt's HOUSE OF ILL REPUTE, an excellent and often depressing overview of the run-up to war with Iraq and, tragically, a preamble to the buildup in Afghanistan.

6. If you could move somewhere else, would you?
Send us plane tickets and we'll be a dot on the horizon.

7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
No, but when my baby kisses me, she makes them.

8. Which of your FB friends lives closest to you?
What's an FB friend? Favorite Best? In the ethers of cyberspace.

9. Do you believe exes can be friends?
If you'd asked me that 8 months ago, I'd've said Yes. But since you're asking me now, I'd have to say that in some cases an exorcism and a trip to a radiologist and an MRI machine would be a prerequisite.

10. How do you feel about Mountain Dew?
Life is already too fast-paced for Mountain Dew.

11. When was the last time you cried really hard?
2-3 days after our cat Sweetie died. When children and animals leave my life, it hits me especially hard.

12. Who took your profile picture?
Frank Capra.

13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Our surviving cat, Popeye, last night. The picture below is it.

He also begs at the table so, yes, our demented cat actually thinks he's a dog.

14. Was yesterday better than today?
Not really but the weather was better yesterday.

15. Can you live a day without TV?
Dude, I do that every day of my life.

16. Are you upset about anything?
Let's see, I'm a liberal blogger... Hell, no. What's there to be upset about?

17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
Every day since late April I've been informed that's the case.

18. Are you a bad influence?
Yes, because I get people to think and that's simply unacceptable in post-literate America.

19. Night out or night in?
In. I owe money to winos and homeless people, I'm so broke.

20. What items could you not go without during the day?
My remaining working laptop. A good Zebra pen and Moleskine notebook. Coffee, my last remaining real world friend.

21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
The mother of my grandson Gavin.

22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?
From Lisa Golden: "Crazy=meshuge madman=meshugener source if Yiddish Dictionary Online." It was in response to a question I needed answered for my upcoming novel.

23. How do you feel about your life right now?
With one exception, I've senselessly and needlessly lost everything that I ever loved, wanted or needed just in the space of nine months and I'm told by almost everyone to shut up and stop whining. So I suppose I ought to say I'm ahead of the game because I'm not living on the street and that I'm not dead or dying. Yes, my expectations have been lowered that much.

24. Do you hate anyone?
Oh, boy, point that loaded question somewhere else, pal, or someone's gonna get hurt.

25. If we were to look in your facebook inbox, what would we find?
Nothing. After a brief flirtation with Facebook, I realized it was as vapid, silly and ultimately as big a waste of time as Twitter.

26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Of course. I can't even afford aspirin.

27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
A perfect asshole, yes. Aside from that...

28. What song is stuck in your head?
"All My Life" by Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters.

29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be?
Santa Claus with two one way tickets out of this economic crater known as Hudson.

30.Wanna have grandkids by the time your 50?
What did I tell you about pointing those loaded questions at me?

31. What do you have to do tomorrow?
Laundry, writing, you know, living la vida loca.

32. Do you think too much or too little?
Too much. Definitely too much. See answer below.

33. Do you smile a lot?
Not as much as I'd like. Some wise man once said "The world is a comedy to those that think and a tragedy to those that feel." That sums it all up.

34. What hour were you born?
9:50 PM.

3 Comments:

At December 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Blogger lisahgolden said...

Well, look at that! To be honest with you, I chose no one. I'm so lazy these days. Writing elsewhere has really taken my time and energy.

BTW - that making people think stuff? Yes - you are definitely a bad influence! Keep up the good work.

 
At December 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What hour were you born?"

WTF? How can that-- in any way-- be meaningful?

Talk about vapid...

 
At December 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Blogger jurassicpork said...

Well, I agree. It's pretty vapid but I guess s/he decided to throw a bone to astrologers.

As I'd said, it's not on a par with the Proust Questionnaire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

KindleindaWind, my writing blog.

All Time Classics

  • Our Worse Half: The 25 Most Embarrassing States.
  • The Missing Security Tapes From the World Trade Center.
  • It's a Blunderful Life.
  • The Civil War II
  • Sweet Jesus, I Hate America
  • Top Ten Conservative Books
  • I Am Mr. Ed
  • Glenn Beck: Racist, Hate Monger, Comedian
  • The Ten Worst Music Videos of all Time
  • Assclowns of the Week

  • Links to the first 33 Assclowns of the Week.
  • Links to Assclowns of the Week 38-63.
  • #106: The Turkey Has Landed edition
  • #105: Blame it on Paris or Putin edition
  • #104: Make Racism Great Again Also Labor Day edition
  • #103: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Toilet edition
  • #102: Orange is the New Fat edition
  • #101: Electoral College Dropouts edition
  • #100: Centennial of Silliness edition
  • #99: Dr. Strangehate edition
  • #98: Get Bentghazi edition
  • #97: SNAPping Your Fingers at the Poor edition
  • #96: Treat or Treat, Kiss My Ass edition
  • #95: Monumental Stupidity double-sized edition
  • #94: House of 'Tards edition
  • #93: You Da Bomb! edition.
  • #92: Akin to a Fool edition.
  • #91: Aurora Moronealis edition.
  • #90: Keep Your Gubmint Hands Off My High Pre'mums and Deductibles! edition.
  • #89: Occupy the Catbird Seat/Thanksgiving edition.
  • #88: Heil Hitler edition.
  • #87: Let Sleeping Elephants Lie edition.
  • #86: the Maniacs edition.
  • #85: The Top 50 Assclowns of 2010 edition.
  • #(19)84: Midterm Madness edition.
  • #83: Spill, Baby, Spill! edition.
  • #82: Leave Corporations Alone, They’re People! edition.
  • #81: Hatin' on Haiti edition.
  • #80: Don't Get Your Panties in a Twist edition.
  • #79: Top 50 Assclowns of 2009 edition.
  • #78: Nattering Nabobs of Negativism edition.
  • #77: ...And Justice For Once edition.
  • #76: Reading Tea Leaves/Labor Day edition.
  • #75: Diamond Jubilee/Inaugural Edition
  • #74: Dropping the Crystal Ball Edition
  • #73: The Twelve Assclowns of Christmas Edition
  • #72: Trick or Treat Election Day Edition
  • #71: Grand Theft Autocrats Edition
  • #70: Soulless Corporations and the Politicians Who Love Them Edition
  • Empire Of The Senseless.
  • Christwire.org: Conservative Values for an Unsaved World.
  • Esquire's Charles Pierce.
  • Brilliant @ Breakfast.
  • The Burning Platform.
  • The Rant.
  • Mock, Paper, Scissors.
  • James Petras.
  • Towle Road.
  • Avedon's Sideshow (the new site).
  • At Largely, Larisa Alexandrovna's place.
  • The Daily Howler.
  • The DCist.
  • Greg Palast.
  • Jon Swift. RIP, Al.
  • God is For Suckers.
  • The Rude Pundit.
  • Driftglass.
  • Newshounds.
  • William Grigg, a great find.
  • Brad Blog.
  • Down With Tyranny!, Howie Klein's blog.
  • Wayne's World. Party time! Excellent!
  • Busted Knuckles, aka Ornery Bastard.
  • Mills River Progressive.
  • Right Wing Watch.
  • Earthbond Misfit.
  • Anosognosia.
  • Echidne of the Snakes.
  • They Gave Us a Republic.
  • The Gawker.
  • Outtake Online, Emmy-winner Charlotte Robinson's site.
  • Skippy, the Bush Kangaroo
  • No More Mr. Nice Blog.
  • Head On Radio Network, Bob Kincaid.
  • Spocko's Brain.
  • Pandagon.
  • Slackivist.
  • WTF Is It Now?
  • No Blood For Hubris.
  • Lydia Cornell, a very smart and accomplished lady.
  • Roger Ailes (the good one.)
  • BlondeSense.
  • The Smirking Chimp.
  • Hammer of the Blogs.
  • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.
  • Argville.
  • Existentialist Cowboy.
  • The Progressive.
  • The Nation.
  • Mother Jones.
  • Vanity Fair.
  • Salon.com.
  • Citizens For Legitimate Government.
  • News Finder.
  • Indy Media Center.
  • Lexis News.
  • Military Religious Freedom.
  • McClatchy Newspapers.
  • The New Yorker.
  • Bloggingheads TV, political vlogging.
  • Find Articles.com, the next-best thing to Nexis.
  • Altweeklies, for the news you won't get just anywhere.
  • The Smirking Chimp
  • Don Emmerich's Peace Blog
  • Wikileaks.
  • The Peoples' Voice.
  • Dictionary.com.
  • CIA World Fact Book.
  • IP address locator.
  • Tom Tomorrow's hilarious strip.
  • Babelfish, an instant, online translator. I love to translate Ann Coulter's site into German.
  • Newsmeat: Find out who's donating to whom.
  • Wikipedia.
  • Uncyclopedia.
  • anysoldier.com
  • Icasualties
  • Free Press
  • YouTube
  • The Bone Bridge.
  • Powered by Blogger