Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Une Voix Des Bois

You say, "Everything that has gone wrong in my life I can legitimately blame on Republicans and conservatives."

You can only blame your problems on yourself and a set of poor decisions you made. Your penurious condition is not someone else's fault, it's yours, and it's time for you to own up to that fact. Quit playing the victim, stop blogging 8 hours a day, couch potatoing it, and go out and get a job. Mowing your neighbor's lawn, flop burgers,work at Quickie Mart, but get a job. And stop begging on the internet.


Look, I don't know who the fuck you are, pal, but I've got a few things to say on my own behalf and in my defense. So for the sake of context (you do know what that is, right?), I'll temporarily suspend my usual practice of deleting your invariably disappointing and completely incoherent screams from the wilderness.

You seem to think that every guy who finds himself out of a job is at fault. If he goes for months at a time without working it's his fault. We're just supposed to think positively and ignore the reality of crushing inflation, a tanking economy and a cratering job market and persevere with the power of positive thinking and the luck and pluck attitude of Horatio Alger.

Whether we know eachother or not in the real world doesn't matter. The thing you make obvious is that you don't know shit about my life or the elements that made it what it is.

The truth is that the last three assholes for whom I worked were Republicans, the last one of which being a local politician. The last guy before that?

He's a racist shitheel who treats his help and even his own family like garbage, makes them work in hazardous conditions, is on record with the EPA's website for having been fined to the tune of $42,000 for polluting the ecosystem and is poisoning his own people with carbon monoxide to the tune of 300 parts per million (when it gets up to 60-70 ppm, you should seriously think about evacuating the building). Last year he and his nephew sent to OSHA a seven year-old air quality report to get them off his back because they weren't budgeted to investigate a very real complaint by a former employee. IOW, a typical, neglectful right wing asshole.

Still, we stood behind him last year and were willing to quit our jobs in case his Mommy, who still owns the business, fired his fat, lazy 59 year-old ass for embezzlement (not only does he pocket cash payments, he also pays for his truck payments and his daughter's own car insurance out of company funds). We were all married or had families to feed but we would've walked out.

Last April, he repaid our extraordinary support by laying off four of us then publicly threatening me weeks later with a lawsuit for not returning uniforms that weren't even in my possession. That man ruined my life and this all took place one month after I locked myself into a year-long lease and the month after I lost my family of 15+ years.

I lost my last meaningful job before that as a direct result of 9/11 because I worked in the airline industry. Despite the fact that I made less than $21,000 a year as a QC inspector, the company's management consultants thought they could increase the company's revenues by a third from 12 million to 18 million a year by eliminating my position despite my doing the bulk of the inspections in the lab.

These outcomes were through no fault of my own.

I have done everything asked of me. I have played by the rules and it has gotten me absolutely nowhere but an increasingly cut unemployment check by a Dept. of Revenue that plainly doesn't give a shit whether I live or die.

Working with callous right wing asswipes like you, playing by your rules doesn't get me anywhere in life. Leo Durocher was right. And I'm tired of playing nice and finishing last.

I don't spend eight hours a day blogging. I'm out there five days a week job hunting with my fiancee and look on the internet for jobs during the weekend. Tomorrow I'll be out there again.

Your criticisms are rooted in absolute ignorance and cold-blooded right wing hatred. It's people like you who placed all the blame for Katrina and the carnage on those who "wouldn't" leave and therefore got their just desserts. It's people like you and Bush who blithely ignore very real crises such as an unemployment rate skyrocketing to 10% and above and think that those who can't overcome them are at fault despite limitations such as age or lack of a car and live in an economically depressed town.

Look at downtown Hudson if you are who I think you are. Note how many empty downtown storefronts there are up for lease. I counted seven in a row not too long ago. I live in a dying town in a dying county in a dying state in a dying country. Nobody is helping me out and people are taking so much out of me that I cannot sustain life.

Yet here you are bitching on my blog because I briefly complained about this in a larger context that has nothing to do with me. Who's the loser here, asswipe? I'm trying to contribute something to this country, I'm trying to find work but the current economic conditions will not allow me to contribute.

So take your right wing hate and go fuck yourself with it. I do not apologize for the state I'm in nor will I take the blame for it.

For many years, I did the right thing. I got up and went to work. I worked hard. I proved my loyalty to my company. I paid my bills and provided for my family.

And then I got rear-ended by one right wing asshole after another, people like you. No longer will I play by the rules and no longer will I allow myself to be, yes, victimized by shitheels such as you. Those days are gone.

Btw, I didn't ask for a single cent in this post so please feel free to go fuck yourself again, with feeling this time. Or better yet, rupture something, go crawl off, quietly bleed to death in a cold and dark corner and please refrain bothering the rest of us with your pissing and moaning and from reproducing ever again.

6 Comments:

At August 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Blogger Stan B. said...

Yup- that sums it up rather nicely!

 
At August 18, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Blogger Stan B. said...

Sorry, did not mean to be flip- at all. So many assholes think they do alright by themselves because they're the only ones who work, the only ones who toil, the only ones who sacrifice. If people get laid off or can't find work- it's because they goddamn well deserve their fate.

That's the world view of the privileged, the fortunate, the well connected. The same ones who scream to "Stop blaming race," and the first to cry reverse discrimination; the first to tell ya to pull yourself up by the bootstraps while they suppress a living wage, health care and public education. The same bastards who urge you to sacrifice for your country while they enthusiastically support a five time deferment.

 
At August 18, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Blogger daveawayfromhome said...

I'd be curious to know what your critic does to earn his living. I could guess, but then I'd be guilty of the same presumptuousness that he seems to be.

 
At August 18, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Anonymous ken in mn said...

JP,

That fuckwad earned every bit of the smackdown you delivered. But I can't say I hate that type of person, for hate is not the opposite of love. Hate is an active emotion, and such people are not worthy of the energy that would need to be expended to hate them. No, the opposite of love is ambivalence, and it is all I can offer people like that...

 
At August 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Blogger vampy said...

I don't consider it begging when someone who writes a blog asks for money. It's more like being a street performer and leaving a hat out for spare change.

Not that I have a problem with begging, mind you. It's an honest trade like any other.

 
At August 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flip? Fuck him. As you noted, rightwing, halfwit, fuckheads have literally gutted this country (abetted by mostly corporatist dems).

I'm in the same boat, although for different reasons (I don't condone putting lead, rubber, or plastic in bologna; allowing hydraulic fluid down stormdrains; nor deliberately pressuring for safety standards to be bypassed).

If I had, I'd certainly share.

You're certainly in our thoughts, though. Best wishes for hanging in there.

JW in IA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

KindleindaWind, my writing blog.

All Time Classics

  • Our Worse Half: The 25 Most Embarrassing States.
  • The Missing Security Tapes From the World Trade Center.
  • It's a Blunderful Life.
  • The Civil War II
  • Sweet Jesus, I Hate America
  • Top Ten Conservative Books
  • I Am Mr. Ed
  • Glenn Beck: Racist, Hate Monger, Comedian
  • The Ten Worst Music Videos of all Time
  • Assclowns of the Week

  • Links to the first 33 Assclowns of the Week.
  • Links to Assclowns of the Week 38-63.
  • #106: The Turkey Has Landed edition
  • #105: Blame it on Paris or Putin edition
  • #104: Make Racism Great Again Also Labor Day edition
  • #103: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Toilet edition
  • #102: Orange is the New Fat edition
  • #101: Electoral College Dropouts edition
  • #100: Centennial of Silliness edition
  • #99: Dr. Strangehate edition
  • #98: Get Bentghazi edition
  • #97: SNAPping Your Fingers at the Poor edition
  • #96: Treat or Treat, Kiss My Ass edition
  • #95: Monumental Stupidity double-sized edition
  • #94: House of 'Tards edition
  • #93: You Da Bomb! edition.
  • #92: Akin to a Fool edition.
  • #91: Aurora Moronealis edition.
  • #90: Keep Your Gubmint Hands Off My High Pre'mums and Deductibles! edition.
  • #89: Occupy the Catbird Seat/Thanksgiving edition.
  • #88: Heil Hitler edition.
  • #87: Let Sleeping Elephants Lie edition.
  • #86: the Maniacs edition.
  • #85: The Top 50 Assclowns of 2010 edition.
  • #(19)84: Midterm Madness edition.
  • #83: Spill, Baby, Spill! edition.
  • #82: Leave Corporations Alone, They’re People! edition.
  • #81: Hatin' on Haiti edition.
  • #80: Don't Get Your Panties in a Twist edition.
  • #79: Top 50 Assclowns of 2009 edition.
  • #78: Nattering Nabobs of Negativism edition.
  • #77: ...And Justice For Once edition.
  • #76: Reading Tea Leaves/Labor Day edition.
  • #75: Diamond Jubilee/Inaugural Edition
  • #74: Dropping the Crystal Ball Edition
  • #73: The Twelve Assclowns of Christmas Edition
  • #72: Trick or Treat Election Day Edition
  • #71: Grand Theft Autocrats Edition
  • #70: Soulless Corporations and the Politicians Who Love Them Edition
  • Empire Of The Senseless.
  • Christwire.org: Conservative Values for an Unsaved World.
  • Esquire's Charles Pierce.
  • Brilliant @ Breakfast.
  • The Burning Platform.
  • The Rant.
  • Mock, Paper, Scissors.
  • James Petras.
  • Towle Road.
  • Avedon's Sideshow (the new site).
  • At Largely, Larisa Alexandrovna's place.
  • The Daily Howler.
  • The DCist.
  • Greg Palast.
  • Jon Swift. RIP, Al.
  • God is For Suckers.
  • The Rude Pundit.
  • Driftglass.
  • Newshounds.
  • William Grigg, a great find.
  • Brad Blog.
  • Down With Tyranny!, Howie Klein's blog.
  • Wayne's World. Party time! Excellent!
  • Busted Knuckles, aka Ornery Bastard.
  • Mills River Progressive.
  • Right Wing Watch.
  • Earthbond Misfit.
  • Anosognosia.
  • Echidne of the Snakes.
  • They Gave Us a Republic.
  • The Gawker.
  • Outtake Online, Emmy-winner Charlotte Robinson's site.
  • Skippy, the Bush Kangaroo
  • No More Mr. Nice Blog.
  • Head On Radio Network, Bob Kincaid.
  • Spocko's Brain.
  • Pandagon.
  • Slackivist.
  • WTF Is It Now?
  • No Blood For Hubris.
  • Lydia Cornell, a very smart and accomplished lady.
  • Roger Ailes (the good one.)
  • BlondeSense.
  • The Smirking Chimp.
  • Hammer of the Blogs.
  • Vast Left Wing Conspiracy.
  • Argville.
  • Existentialist Cowboy.
  • The Progressive.
  • The Nation.
  • Mother Jones.
  • Vanity Fair.
  • Salon.com.
  • Citizens For Legitimate Government.
  • News Finder.
  • Indy Media Center.
  • Lexis News.
  • Military Religious Freedom.
  • McClatchy Newspapers.
  • The New Yorker.
  • Bloggingheads TV, political vlogging.
  • Find Articles.com, the next-best thing to Nexis.
  • Altweeklies, for the news you won't get just anywhere.
  • The Smirking Chimp
  • Don Emmerich's Peace Blog
  • Wikileaks.
  • The Peoples' Voice.
  • Dictionary.com.
  • CIA World Fact Book.
  • IP address locator.
  • Tom Tomorrow's hilarious strip.
  • Babelfish, an instant, online translator. I love to translate Ann Coulter's site into German.
  • Newsmeat: Find out who's donating to whom.
  • Wikipedia.
  • Uncyclopedia.
  • anysoldier.com
  • Icasualties
  • Free Press
  • YouTube
  • The Bone Bridge.
  • Powered by Blogger